Ben and Jerry’s non-dairy ice cream is hard to beat as a hot weather dessert, but when you’re in the mood for something with a little zing, these Lemon Lime Cheesecake Bars are a cool and refreshing alternative. This recipe needs a little bit of time before (soaking cashews) and after (allowing to set in the freezer or fridge), but the recipe itself is super easy and no oven required!
Vegan Lemon Lime Cheesecake Bars
A light and refreshing no-bake dessert.
- 2 cups pitted Medjool dates
- 1 cup raw unsalted pecans
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- 2 cups raw unsalted cashews, soaked and drained
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp agave nectar
- 2 lemons juiced
- 2 limes juiced
- ¼ cup zest from the lemons and limes, divided
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut shreds garnish
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender and process until a crumbly, dough-like texture.
- Grease an 8x8 or 9x9 inch pan or line with parchment paper (parchment will really help make it easier to get the bars out of the pan).
- Evenly press the crust mixture into the bottom of the pan. The crust should be about 1/2 inch to 1 inch thick.
- Soak cashews in hot water for at least two hours to overnight.
- Add drained cashews and all other cheesecake ingredients to a food processor or high speed blender (reserve a bit of the zest for garnish) and process until smooth and creamy. This make take a few rounds of processing (scrape down the sides to be sure everything is incorporated).
- Pour cheesecake filling on top of crust. Top with reserved zest and coconut shreds.
- Allow to set in freezer for two hours or in the refrigerator overnight.