As a child one of my favorite Easter Sunday appetizers was my grandmother’s deviled eggs. This plant based version using potatoes and my creamy Vegan Scrambled Eggs isn’t quite the same but they are delicious in their own right. Of course, no deviled egg can compare to my absolute favorite Easter appetizer…chocolate!
Vegan Deviled Eggs
- 1 recipe Vegan Scrambled Eggs link to recipe in description above
- 2 tbsp plant based mayo
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 24 small white potatoes
- Boil whole potatoes until soft, about 20 minutes. Immediately place into an ice bath to cool.
- While potatoes boil, prepare one recipe of Vegan Scrambled Eggs. Let cool.
- To the scrambled add the mayo, apple cider vinegar, and dill. Stir to combine.
- Slice cooled potatoes in half lengthwise to create a half egg shape. Carefully remove the skin (it should peel right off).
- Using a small melon baller or spoon (highly recommend the melon baller) scoop out a small circle of potato from each half to create a space for the egg filling.
- Spoon egg filling into each potato half.
- Garnish with paprika or chives.