My absolute favorite chili and so easy to make in a slow cooker! Complex flavors with just the right amount of spice, topped with avocado and non-dairy sour cream to complement the heat. Add a few polenta croutons for fun and/or serve with cornbread and you’ve got a hearty meal you’ll want to make on repeat throughout fall and winter.
Slow Cooker Three Bean Chili
- Slow Cooker
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 package vegan ground "meat" We like Impossible Burger or Gardein.
- 2 15 ounce cans black beans, drained
- 1 15 ounce can kidney beans, drained
- 1 15 ounce can chili beans, drained
- 1 28 ounce can fire roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1 12 ounce package frozen corn
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- 6 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp hot pepper sauce
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp liquid smoke
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- non-dairy sour cream
- vegan cheddar shreds
- jalapeno slices
- polenta croutons
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Saute onions, peppers, and garlic until soft and lightly browned.
- Add vegan meat crumbles and saute until browned.
- Place all other ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Add peppers mixture to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Set cooker on low and cook for about 8 hours.
- Serve topped with non-dairy sour cream, avocado, non-dairy cheddar, jalapeno slices, and polenta croutons.
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 ¼ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk We like almond.
- ⅓ cup grapeseed oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Grease an 8 x 8 pan or line with parchment paper
- In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients.
- Slowly add the non-dairy milk and oil and stir to combine. The batter should look creamy.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 1 18 ounce tube prepared polenta, refrigerated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp non-dairy parmesan cheese We like Follow Your Heart
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Slice polenta in rounds, and then quarter each round.
- Place evenly on the baking sheet
- Brush croutons lightly with olive oil.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and garlic powder over the croutons, flip and sprinkle the other side.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until golden brown.