Nachos are my favorite food and something we look forward to making every week, along with some very delicious margaritas. In honor of Saint Patrick’s Day, we thought it would be fun to create a vegan version of pub-style Irish Nachos. We used both store bought kettle chips and our own homemade baked potato chips to have the best of both worlds in terms of crispy, salty, chewy potato goodness. Melted dairy-free cheddar, vegan bacon, and all the toppings made this a hit!
A super cheesy, double potato take on vegan Irish Nachos
- 4 red or russet potatoes, thinly sliced
- 5 oz bag of kettle cooked potato chips
- 2 cups dairy free cheddar cheese, shredded We love Miyoko's brand
- 1/2 cup non-dairy sour cream
- 4 slices vegan bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 avocado, sliced or diced
- 3/4 cup pico de gallo
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive or avocado oil
Baked Potato Chips
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Slice potatoes about 1/4 inch thick. We used a mandoline, but a knife works just fine.
- Toss potato slices in oil to evenly coat. Place on baking sheet in single layer; season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are crispy, turning potatoes over after 10 minutes.
Assembling the Nachos
- Layer the baked potato chips and the store bought kettle chips on an oven proof plate, platter, or baking sheet
- Add a layer of cheddar cheese (as much as you want) and bacon pieces
- Repeat the potato and cheese layers twice more
- Bake at 425 for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted
- Garnish with a large dollop of sour cream, scallions, and more bacon crumbles
- Serve with pico de gallo or your favorite salsa